Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Wrote This While Hiding Under My Desk, Just to Prove a Point

Next fall I'm planning on moving out of my parents' house to live in the dorms at the local JuCo. The dorms are literally seven blocks away from where I live now, but hey, if it's paid for (scholarship thingy) then the experience of living away from my parents couldn't hurt. Also a plus: I live so close that if I ever begin to starve, I only have to drag myself a short distance for real food.

My parents and sister know about this plan, and I think they're looking forward to it. Both my dad and my sister have come into my room at some point and began visualizing what they'd like to do with it. They talk about what it's going to be like once I'm gone like I'm about to die, but then I remind them that I'll be here all the time but it never really helps. My sister has already asked for a cat once I'm gone. I would love to have one around right now, but I'm allergic so I'd kind of like my house to be a safe-zone of non-sneeze-ness.

I know Raye is going to miss me. Unlike most sisters, we're best friends and I'd rather hang out with her than most people. I know she's sad, but I think she's secretly excited that I'm leaving because she wants to replace me with a cat, so I've decided to act like a cat to show them just how sucky life is going to be once I leave. I'm going to start hiding in random places (like under beds, in closets or under the bathroom sink), and I'm only going to appear when it's time for food or when someone feels obliged to rub or scratch me. And when I do decide to grace them with my presence, I'm going to hog the best seats, or lay in the middle of the floor sunbathing so they all have to step around me. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to sit on the laps of guests and demand their attention no matter how uncomfortable they seem to be, but I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. My Life as a disgruntled kitty. You should totally do that and write a book HAHA

    ReplyDelete